Cheltenham Festival is over for another year and before we focus on Aintree and Punchestown, let's take a look at a number of horses who caught our eye for future success.
1. River Wylde - An excellent 3rd in the Supreme Novices, described as immature by trainer in the lead up to the race and yards representatives often go on to better things, e.g. Buveur D'Air & Sprinter Sacre. (Champion Hurdle @ 33/1 - generally)
2. Neon Wolf - Highly regarded and impressive in the build up to the festival. Lost nothing in defeat to determined and high class rival and may have even won for pecking after the last. One to follow over fences next year.
3. Might Bite - Impressive and quirky when winning the RSA Chase at Cheltenham, looks one to follow, especially if heading back to Kempton for The King George on Boxing day. (King George @ 5/1 - Hills, Betfred)
4. Yorkhill - Impressive winner of the JLT, still plenty to learn over fences but huge engine and agree with jockey who rates him as a Gold Cup horse next year. (Gold Cup @ 8/1 - Several)
5. Artic Fire - Returned from a lengthy absence to run out an impressive winner of the County Hurdle off top weight. No surprise if turned out again at Aintree or Punchestown and fancied to go be seriously competitive back in graded company.
6. Native River - Lost nothing in defeat when 3rd in Gold Cup, interesting that yard weren't firing and the ground had got quick enough. He's all about stamina and looks one to follow in next years staying chases when getting his conditions.